Haulotte, the European leader of people lifting equipment, is upgrading its COMPACT range of electric scissor lifts. The five new rugged models have been redesigned to ensure a maximum utilization rate, increased safety and simplified maintenance. They integrate the Group’s high quality standards and meet all the requirements for working at heights from 20 to 39 feet on all types of stabilized ground.
Haulotte updates its COMPACT electric scissors. With their well-thought-out design and numerous technological innovations, the new models offer a multitude of possibilities:
• Five working heights, from 20 to 39 feet, with load capacities from 550 to 1000 lb
• Two frame widths to best fit the working environment
• Indoor and outdoor use, except for the COMPACT 2632 E and COMPACT 3947 E
«The slab electric scissors market segment is extremely competitive. The new models of the COMPACT range are easy to use and ensure maximum productivity. They are versatile and suitable for a wide range of applications, such as industrial maintenance, finishing works, or during the construction phase»
says Baptiste Roland, product marketing manager at Haulotte.
A smart design
With their monolithic design, COMPACT scissors offer unparalleled robustness. They have been designed to ensure long-term durability and an optimal return on investment.
• All sensitive elements are perfectly integrated and protected in order to operate without difficulty in cumbersome and dirty environments. At the front of the machine, the steering cylinder and the various sensors are positioned inside the chassis to avoid any damage. At the rear, the ladder, the asynchronous motors (AC), the platform and charger sockets are fully built into the counterweight which serves as a bumper and prevents costly and time-consuming repairs. To simplify transport, lateral and longitudinal forklift pockets are available.
• On the scissor stack, the cable and hose routing have been carefully designed. The crossbrace tubes provide rigidity to the platform when working at height.
• The guardrails of the new COMPACT scissors have been reinforced using larger section tubes.
Two vertical reinforcement bars help to absorb impacts and limit deformation over time. All models are equipped with easily foldable guardrails as standard, which remain in the footprint of the chassis when folded.
COMPACT scissors guarantee high productivity and utilization rates.
• They can climb slopes up to 25% and lift up to 1000 lb - 3 persons depending on the model.
• Full height travel is possible for maximum productivity.
• The COMPACT 2032 E, 2647 E and 3247 E in North America operate indoors and outdoors without height or load restrictions.
• Two chassis widths are available: the models with a narrow chassis of 32 in offer greater maneuverability; the wide models (42 in chassis) have a larger working area.
• The switch from hydraulic drive to asynchronous motors has significantly improved the energy efficiency of the machine.
The new COMPACT scissors can be equipped with the SHERPAL* telematics solution to increase their utilization rate. The SHERPAL connected box enables machines to be located in real time and share their operational status. An alert is sent when a dangerous behavior is identified (overload, deactivation of safety functions...), thus reducing the risk of accidents. Haulotte’s telematics system also allows owners to know the actual use of machines in the field. By setting time slots and work zones per site, fleet managers can easily detect out-of contract use.
An unparalleled driving experience
The COMPACT range scissors combine comfort and safety. The electric transmission (AC motors) ensures smooth operation all the way up to the work area. The proportional movements allow precise maneuvers. The intuitive upper control box is equipped with an ergonomic joystick and a drive speed selector. The front steering wheels have an optimal turning radius since the motors are located at the rear. In order to protect drivers effectively, COMPACT scissor lifts can be equipped with a new secondary guarding system. The device is perfectly integrated into the upper control box and detects the driver’s position and movements in real time using LiDAR technology. A warning light and audio announcements, available in 13 languages, inform the operator of the system’s status.
In dangerous situations, the machine stops immediately and restricts forward movements.
COMPACT scissor lifts have been designed to facilitate routine maintenance operations; components are easily accessible, electrical and hydraulic elements have been separated, and the routing of hoses has been carefully designed to avoid the risk of friction and leaks. Renowned for their performance and reliability, asynchronous motors require no routine maintenance. The scissors have been subjected to rigorous endurance tests to guarantee their robustness. To improve the performance and the lifespan of the battery, COMPACT scissors are equipped with Haulotte Activ’Energy Management. The intelligent CAN BUS charger constantly monitors battery parameters to ensure optimal charging. It also incorporates dedicated charging cycles for battery maintenance (desulfation, equalization, etc.). To reduce maintenance costs and efforts, the system can be fitted with centralized watering solutions, either manual or automatic.
COMPACT scissors embed a number of diagnostic solutions to facilitate troubleshooting and reduce downtime.
• The Haulotte Activ’Screen on-board diagnostic tool gives access to machine parameters and provides key information about the machine’s status in real time.
• These features are also available via the Haulotte Diag mobile application, which also offers advanced diagnostics with detailed resolution procedures.
• The SHERPAL* telematics solution allows remote diagnosis of machines. It considerably reduces downtime by providing access to fault codes and recommending actions. The telematics data is very useful for organizing the planning of the technical teams. The Activ’Energy Management tool allows complete control over battery maintenance, and thus can significantly reduce maintenance costs.
By renewing its range of electric scissors, Haulotte proves once again that the user experience is at the heart of its concerns. The new COMPACT scissors not only improve productivity, but also the comfort and safety of operators when working at height. The service-oriented design and durability guarantee an optimal return on investment.
> download the brochure
> access more pictures
* Availability varies according to the location